We thank our community for their contributions to our events and activities. Our Administrative Regulations help guide fundraising and philanthropy in schools. As per AR 5001, we are required to meet annually with our Society chairs to discuss initial planning for fundraising goals and events. Last year, we identified the following events/processes:
- General funds (usually in smaller amounts) raised by school groups will be deposited into the school Student Activity Fund to promote whole school activities. Proposed whole school fundraisers for the school year will be spearheaded by student leadership, School Council and Key Club (to be discussed by respective groups).
- Funds raised by individuals for specific major activities/trips etc. will usually be tracked according to the individual contributions
- All fundraising and philanthropy activities will be presented to the Fundraising committee before they begin – this year please email your plans to either principal Dr. Matt Christison or Fine Arts Learning Leader Joel Abrams.
- Our Robert Thirsk School Society regularly organizes casinos – proceeds will be distributed throughout the school as per an application process to the Society.
- Our next casino is scheduled for Wednesday December 11th and Thursday December 12th. To volunteer please visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080E4FA4AB29A1FB6-casino1
We are pleased to continue our partnership between the Robert Thirsk School Society and Martinizing by Stephen Cleaners. When you take your dry cleaning to their locations and identify yourself as a Robert Thirsk High School supporter, 10% of your cost will be donated back to the Society. All funds generated by the Society are disbursed back to school clubs and departments through and application process. We appreciate any support that you could give to this partnership. * PLEASE NOTE that you will need to identify yourself as an RTHS supporter every September.
COBS Bread Crowfoot is offering a new fundraising opportunity to Robert Thirsk HIgh School supporters. Simply mention the school during any transaction at the bakery and COBS will donate 3% of any purchase back to the school.
Additional fundraising promotions may also be conducted throughout the year.