Graduation Newsletter #2 - March 2020
Graduation ceremonies begin at 9 AM Thursday, May 28, 2020 and should end at noon at Stampede Corral Arena, Stampede Grounds.
Graduation Banquet May 28, 2020 at the BMO Center on the Stampede Grounds. Doors will open at 5:30 PM, dinner and program will begin promptly at 6:30 PM.
Should you have questions or concerns regarding any part of graduation, please feel free to contact Amanda Huddleston at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to participate in the Robert Thirsk High School graduation ceremony on May 28, 2020 students must have:
- Earned a minimum of 100 credits and have a reasonable plan to complete all required courses for an Alberta High School Diploma by August 2020. Graduating Learning Program students will be advised by their teachers if they have met the required criteria to participate in the ceremony.
- Paid their school and graduation fees (in September 2019). The graduation fee pays for their certificate, Life Touch photo of each grad as they cross the stage, rental of Corral Arena, AV, and security costs. If the student’s fees are unpaid, please speak to the Business Manager.
Please note, that if a student does not have the requirements to graduate, he/she will not participate in the graduation ceremonies this year and attend the banquet only as another graduate’s guest.
There is plenty of seating at the Corral; therefore, tickets will not be required and there will be no limit on the maximum number of guests allowed. We look forward to sharing these moments with many supporters of our graduating class. If your family has a member in a wheelchair, please email Warren Lake at email@example.com to make mobility arrangements.
- Non-refundable banquet tickets will be available for sale online in April
Selected applicants will participate in a speak-off in the Theater after school on Tuesday, Friday February 18th in front of students and staff. Any graduate is welcome to attend as a respectful audience member
Communication from your Grad Committee
- The Grad Committee would like to continue the tradition of each graduate donating a toonie as he/she crosses the stage at the ceremony. The Grad class voted and has chosen to donate the funds raised to Ronald MacDonald House Alberta. This will be part of our Graduating Class of 2020's legacy.
- In October Connect, students voted to wear caps and tassels during the ceremony. Therefore, all students must pay an additional $10 fee in the spring. The cap and tassel will be yours to keepny as a keepsake of their day.
Smart Grad Week – May 22-24, 2019
Many lunch hour and Connect activities will be planned. Details to follow
Graduation Rehearsal - May 25,26,27, 2020
All grads must attend three mandatory grad ceremony rehearsals in Focus May 25, 26 and 27th.
Gowns, caps, and tassels will be picked up Monday May 25, 2020 after school in the main gym from 3:00 - 4:00 PM. Please take pictures in your gowns before the ceremony. Students will return the gown and vee-stole immediately after the ceremony. Students are allowed to keep their cap and tassel.
The $35 yearbook cost is optional and can be paid in the Business Office by the end of April 2019. Yearbooks will be distributed in September 2019. To receive your Yearbook you have the following options:
- You could come before classes or after classes (before 4:00PM) to pick up your book.
- Have Mom, Dad or a sibling pick it up for you before or after classes in the fall.
- Have it mailed to you. If you would like us to mail it to you, you must bring in a self-addressed stamped envelope. Your envelope needs to be able to fit a 29cm X 23cm book. Take your envelope to the Post Office and buy enough postage to mail an 850 gram book. Then bring the stamped, self-addressed envelope to Ms. Mann in Room 113 before you leave in June and it will be mailed to you in September.
There will be signature sheets available from your Connect Teacher before Grad so that you can get it signed by your friends. These sheets can then be attached to your yearbook when you receive it in September.