Attendance Line: 403-777-8240 ext. 1
It is important that you call the school if your child is absent or arriving
late. Please report all absences to the Attendance Line above.
School Attendance & Punctuality
Regular school attendance is an important factor in a student’s academic success, so please ensure that your child arrives to school on time. Children who are late interrupt the learning for other students and miss important instruction.
Please inform us when your child is going to be late or absent. When a student’s absence is “unexcused”, the office makes every effort to contact parents. We are obligated to report excessive unexcused absences to the attendance officer of CBE.
Excused absences include:
- Illness, mental health condition or medical/dental appointment. If these are frequent or excessive, you may want to request a medical note to excuse these absences.
- Family emergency, death or illness in the family
- Public Health quarantine
- Religious or cultural observance
- Extreme weather, transportation cancellations
- An absence directly related to homeless status
- Suspension from School
- Expulsion from a school with no permission to re-enroll
Unexcused absences include:
- Any absence from school for a day or a portion there of that does not meet the above criteria