Welcome to Grade 1/2 with Mrs. Whitehead (Room 3)
- WOW words: one, two, three, four, five
- We will write about the 7 Sacred Teachings
- We will explore using long and short vowels when decoding words • We are using our writing checklists •
- We are retelling stories and working on identifying a beginning, middle and end, characters and a setting.
- We are working on the following vowel pair and the sounds they make; ar, or, er, ir, ur
- We are working on subtraction and a variety of strategies we can use to solve problems
- We are working on drawing pictures, number lines, counting back and making friendly numbers (10)
- We are working on Fact families and look at the connections between addition and subtraction (and for some that it is the same for division and multiplication)
- We will learn about the 7 Sacred Teachings and focus on the buffalo who represents respect
- We are concluding our study of Iqaluit and are recording all we have learned
- We will finish comparing our temperature to that of Iqaluit
- We will begin looking at landmarks in Calgary and how our city has changed over time
- We are continuing to explore Magnetism and what it means to attract and repel
- We are comparing hot and cold temperatures and how we heat/cool our homes
- We will continue to learn about temperature and seasons as we move into Spring
- We will explore goal setting and doing our personal best when we do our work at school
- We are learning about the Arctic Winter games and trying some of the Inuit fitness activities we are learning about
- Spring Break: March 25 - April 10
- Students return to school Tuesday, April 11th
- Solve Me Puzzles is a fun website for students to explore math concepts, try it out! Link below.
- If you want your child(ren) to participate in the Healthy Hunger lunches, you need to order them based on the schedule below!
-All orders close 5 days before the lunch occurs.
-You can register your child(ren) at this link: https://healthyhunger.ca/ You have a couple of days to order SUBWAY that will be delivered on November 15th!
- Student Class Passwords sent home for our Google Classroom (currently has some materials that you can access at home to support reading and writing), Raz KIds (reading website), Mathletics (math practice), Teach Your Monster to Read (letters/sounds/blends/reading) and some other reading resources. These are passwords for your child so please keep this somewhere safe. These are a great way to practice our skills at home, thanks for your support.
My e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org