Learning Intentions for the Week:
*Please visit our Google Classroom for further details
- Literacy: we are learning about the letter 'Ii'. We will practice printing the letter 'Ii' and learn to do a 3-step drawing of an ice cream cone. Our sight word of the week is 'I'.
- Math: we are practicing printing numbers 1-12 and adding dots on 2 dice (early addition). To practice these skills in an engaging way, we are playing a new game called 'Lucky Number Genius Edition'.
- Social Studies: we continue to work on Growth Mindset.
- Science: we are exploring the signs of winter and animal adaptations.
- Oral Language and Social Skills: we are focusing on developing our rhyming skills and hearing/writing the initial letter sound in words.
- Fine Motor/Art: we are practicing our cutting skills to make snowflakes and fine motor skills to put beads in patterns on pipe cleaners to create icicles to hang on our seasonal tree branch.
- Self-Care: we are learning to get dressed independently in winter clothing and do up our own zippers.
- Friday, January 29th: NO SCHOOL (professional development)
- February 2-5: Report Cards available to parents on PowerSchool (no paper copies)
*Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org