Grade 1/2 A - Mrs. Whitehead
Last modified on
Welcome to Grade 1/2 in Room 1B with Mrs. Whitehead!
*Parents: You must complete the health checklist (link provided to the right) before sending your child to school every day. Thank you!
Welcome to Ms. Flamant who is in for Mrs. Whitehead. Room 1B students will do a wonderful job of welcoming you to our room.
We are on the playground at recess and lunch this week! Yay!
- Monday: Pink Shirt order forms came home today. If you wish to order, please return by Friday, Jan 22nd
In learning this week:
- continued work on sight words and letter sounds (review of printing, one letter at a time with "Handwriting Without Tears" and "Itchy phonics" program)
- varying sentence beginnings and adding detail in writing
- using the writing checklist independently
- checking size and shape of letters
- addition fluency
- building subtraction equations
- describing numbers as bigger or smaller (when compared to another number)
- adding and subtracting on a number line
- beginning exploration of 2D shapes and 3D solids
- Seasonal Change: winter
- Magnetism follow up
- Studying about the geography, resources and people living in Iqaluit
- Pink Shirt order forms are due back Friday, Jan 22nd
- February 24 - Pink Shirt Day!
My email is email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!