Web Safety Resources
Parent Support for learning at Rosedale School
The following ideas, developed collaboratively with parents, reflect ways that parents can be directly involved in supporting learning for their students:
- Ensure that students attend school regularly and on time.
- Ensure that students arrive at school properly rested, nourished, groomed, and dressed.
- Contact the school when it is necessary for students to be absent or late.
- Base staff-parent contact on mutual trust and respect.
- Provide information necessary for understanding each student's behaviour and learning needs.
- Keep informed of student's education programs, progress, and achievements.
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences and other programs for parents at the school.
- Respond to communication from the school.
- Encourage the value of life-long learning through active involvement and support of the school program.
- Support and encourage respect for positive for student behaviour
- Encourage home study through active support.
- Be aware of your student's out of school activities and friends.
- Act as an advocate for your child.