What is it that makes Rosemont School a great place for
This question is sometimes asked by prospective families.
Some parents who have chosen Rosemont as the school for their child/children
have provided the following thoughts:
- The small student population creates a strong feeling of community. Staff
members know all the students and students know all the staff members. Parents
are active in the learning community as volunteers and support the RSC and RFS.
They feel connected to the learning community.
- The approach to learning, with a strong academic focus, is a good fit for
- The program enhancements funded by RFS provide rich experiences for students
(residencies, activities, presentations, resources).
- The diverse range of activities provided through the physical education
program (inline skating, swimming, Canadian climber) engages students.
- Biannual outdoor school experience for students in grades 5 & 6.
- The student leadership opportunities enhance connections between students
Rosemont is a UNESCO candidate school
Our school is part of the UNESCO Associated School Network. Our teachers work with related organizations and teachers from other UNESCO schools in Alberta, Canada, and throughout the world. Our work connects with UNESCO's Four Pillars of Education: Learning to Know, Learning to Do, Learning to Be, and Learning to Live Together.
As we demonstrate our understanding of global perspectives and achieve our school learning goals, we will earn membership status.