The school was opened with great excitement in September 2010. It serves students in Kindergarten to Grade 3. Royal Oak School strives to be a highly regarded example of personalized elementary education for today’s and tomorrow’s learner. The school embodies the values of the CBE and designs instruction to align with the goals of the CBE’s Three-Year Education Plan. In doing so, students will be well prepared for their own successful futures.
- Emphasis on Curriculum Re-design: student engagement, ethical citizenship with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Emphasis on inquiry-based learning
- Emphasis on STEM/or STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, (Art) and Mathematics
- Strong commitment to the integration of technology into students’ daily learning
- PE and Music Specialists
- Circle of Courage pro-social development model of character education
- Student Leadership model to promote student voice
- Active School Council and Fundraising Society
- Galileo Educational Network Support for student and staff learning
Royal Oak School is one of the CBE schools designed and built under the Provincial Government’s new Public-Private Partnership model (P3). In addition to the P3 construction model, Royal Oak School has been developed upon the Alberta Chapter’s LEED vision of the Canadian Green Building Council.