Supporting your Child
As parents we often struggle with how best to support our children. To enable your child to meet a high level of achievement, we must work together. We have the same end goal in mind. As a parent, your role is:
- Providing encouragement through how you speak to and act towards your child. Support them to establish homework routines and work towards goals.
- Becoming involved and interested in what they are doing. Ask direct questions and listen intentionally. Discuss problems with your child and your child’s teachers when they come up.
- Promote literacy and numeracy with them through reading and practical mathematics.
Below is a list of resources that parents and guardians may find helpful:
K-6 Math Parent resources links: https://education.alberta.ca/mathematics-k-6/program-of-studies/
7–9 Math Parent resources links: https://education.alberta.ca/mathematics-7-9/program-of-studies/
Bullying & Relationships
Digital Citizenship & Technology Use
- MediaSmarts.ca - Tips around cell phone use, video games, television, and more
- CommonSenseMedia.org - Recommendations and information for parents around media, apps, and digital tools
- NeedHelpNow.ca - Resources for stopping the spread of harmful images and texts
Health and Wellness