Make sure you have followed the appropriate steps before posting this as a news story.
- Select the gear in the top right corner of your browser. Select SchoolBundle Site Govern > Create a Post
- Post Title: COVID-19 Positive Case at [Name of School] or COVID-19 Outbreak at [Name of School] or COVID-19 Positive Case | Southland Transportation
- Paste content of letter as the story. Make sure the links work and open in a new window.
- Add PDF of letter as an attachment
- Select an image
- Plain: https://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/sample/schoolwebsiteimages/CBE-COVID-19.jpg
- Positive Case: https://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/sample/schoolwebsiteimages/CBE-COVID-19-Positive-Case.jpg
- Outbreak: https://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/sample/schoolwebsiteimages/CBE-COVID-19-Outbreak.jpg
- Southland Transportation: https://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/sample/schoolwebsiteimages/CBE-COVID-19-Positive-Case-Southland.jpg
See sample below or view Bridlewood School or Henry Wise Wood High School
Post Title: COVID-19 Positive Case at [Name of School}
We have been notified by Alberta Health Services (AHS) that a case of
COVID-19 has been diagnosed in an individual from [name of school ]School.
Our school remains open to in-person learning for all students, and we are
working closely with AHS to ensure necessary measures continue to be in place to protect all staff and students.
Alberta Health Services has identified through their investigation that no
additional close contacts are identified. However, the Facilities staff have also
taken the additional step of enhanced cleaning over the weekend at the school
in consultation with Environmental Public Health. This includes cleaning and
disinfecting all items touched by the individual, and removing and storing items
that cannot be cleaned and disinfected (paper, books, etc.,) in a sealed
container for a minimum of 10 days.
We remind parents/guardians of students, as well as any
staff/visitors/volunteers to monitor for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.The Alberta Health daily checklist can be found here. Please remember to
complete the checklist each day prior to attending school.
If you/your child has any of the symptoms of illness listed on the Alberta Health
daily checklist, please fill out the online Alberta Health Services COVID-19 self-assessment or call Health Link at 811 and stay home/keep your child at
We will continue to provide additional information to parents / guardians as it is
[Name of Principal]