The open houses page on the CBE website will link to the open house story on your school website. First you have to create a story on your website. You are going to be using the template called Invitation / Open House / Event located on insite as content for your post on your website. Download the template, fill it in, create your news story, and then submit your invitation to schoolwebsupport. Or contact SchoolWebSupport if you need help.
For the 2020-21 school year, open houses are virtual. If you make a video, make sure to post it on your CBE school YouTube channel.
- Update last year's invitation with current year information. Or
- Download your Invitation from insite: Templates and Letterhead library (search "open house").
- Fill in the invitation.
- Make a pdf of the invitation.
- Post your video on your official CBE School YouTube channel or share it with schoolwebsupport in one drive and we can post it on your YouTube channel. Open the video in another browser.
- Go to your website.
- Select the gear in the top right corner of your browser. Select SchoolBundle Site Govern > Create a Post
- Post Title: Name of School Virtual Open House | Date & Time
- Paste content of invitation as the story.
- You can add the link to the video in your open house story or you can embed it in the content portion of your open house story. Get the link or embed code from the open browser window with your YouTube video.
- Add a link to your How to Register page.
- Attach your PDF invitation.
- Other links listed on the right are optional.
- If you need support, email the invitation and video link or share the video with us in one drive and send it to SchoolWebSupport@cbe.ab.ca and we will create a news story for you.
- Contact SchoolWebSupport if you do not have an image for your invitation or for your story. We recommend using an image of your school.
- Send your invitation to SchoolWebSupport@cbe.ab.ca so we can add it to the CBE Open Houses page and link to your story.
It's also a good idea for middle/junior high and high schools to contact your feeder schools and ask if they want your open house story shared to their home page. If they do, please email SchoolWebSupport and we will share it to those schools.