If you're having an open house, please share the information to your parents by creating a news post on your website. The open houses page on the CBE website can link to the open house story on your school website. Contact SchoolWebSupport if you need help.
- Update last year's invitation with current year information. Or
- Download an Invitation from insite: Templates and Letterhead library (scroll down to Events | Invitations and Open Houses).
- Fill in the invitation.
- Make a pdf of the invitation.
- Post your video on your official CBE School YouTube channel or share it with schoolwebsupport in one drive and we can post it on your YouTube channel. Open the video in another browser.
- Go to your website.
- Select the gear in the top right corner of your browser. Select SchoolBundle Site Govern > Create a Post
- Post Title: Name of School Open House | Date & Time
- Paste content of invitation as the story.
- You can add the link to the video in your open house story or you can embed it in the content portion of your open house story. Get the link or embed code from the open browser window with your YouTube video.
- Add a link to your How to Register page.
- Add a link to your School Profile (copy from your How to Register page).
- Attach your PDF invitation.
- Other links listed on the right are optional.
- Add the event to your calendar page with a link to your news story in the description.
- If you need support, email the invitation SchoolWebSupport@cbe.ab.ca and we will create a news story for you.
- Contact SchoolWebSupport if you do not have an image for your invitation or for your story. We recommend using an image of your school.
- Send your story link to SchoolWebSupport@cbe.ab.ca so we can add it to the CBE Open Houses page and link to your story.
It's also a good idea for middle/junior high and high schools to contact your feeder schools and ask if they want your open house story shared to their home page. If they do, please email SchoolWebSupport and we will share it to those schools.