Scenic Acres School is named after the community it resides in and opened Aug. 30, 2001. It served the needs of Kindergarten to Grade 3 students until August of 2009 when it added Grade 4 students to its complement. The school consists of 8 classrooms, a library, and a gymnasium which was added in 2004.
All students in the school receive music programming provided by a specialist, and daily physical education. Our School also offers a Noon Supervision Services program for students in Grades 1-4. School Council and the Scenic Acres School Enhancement Society (SASES) supported the purchase of a new playground in 2003, and more recently SmartBoards and computers for each classroom, as well as two computer carts on wheels.
Our recognizes the individual needs of all children, fosters a caring and creative environment and strives to allow each child to reach their full social, emotional, intellectual and physical potential.
Inspiring children to see the possibility for learning throughout their lives.
- Children are the heart of the learning community.
- Literacy and numeracy are foundational to student learning. Being Literate and numerate means going beyond the basic skills of reading, writing, and solving simple arithmetic problems to acquiring, creating, connecting and understanding information.
- Learning should be joyous, active and meaningful.
- Learning is life-long.
- Individuals are unique and learn at different rates and in a variety of ways.
- Diverse learning opportunities enhance, reinforce and extend individual knowledge.
- Students need to assume multiple roles as a: leader, collaborator, and flexible thinker.
- Learning is a shared experience and responsibility among students, staff, parents and community.
- Students need to be risk-takers.
- Communication between home and school is essential.
- Children assume ownership of their learning when given voice, choice and support.
- Students need to learn to balance their individual rights with their responsibilities as citizens in their school, community, city, and world.
- Students need to have access to technology to find information, communicate with others, solve problems and make decisions in safe and ethical way.
To See How High We Can Reach
Scenic Acres School
Four Important Expectations
- Treat others with kindness and respect.
- Follow directions the first time.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Use appropriate language – verbal and body.