Attendance Line 403-777-6193 ext. 1.
If your child is unable to attend school due to illness, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office’s attendance line above.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
Acres School is an “Allergy Aware” school. This means we are aware of
students with allergies and work directly with families when accommodations are
needed. Please do not send food to school for your child to share with
a child has allergies, or any medical condition, parents are required to
complete the Student Health Plan each year. Additionally, conversations
with teachers or office staff may be necessary.
information is shared with all staff. Staff will make reasonable
accommodations for students with allergies. If you have specific questions
about our allergy procedures please contact your child’s teacher for classroom
questions and the main office for lunchroom or school-wide concerns.
Parents or guardians requesting school assistance with their child’s medical needs are required to complete the following forms.
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue requiring attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.