Spanish is spoken here!
SPB is home to one of the largest International Spanish Academies in Canada. Students of the Spanish Bilingual program have been learning in two languages for all of their school lives. Students of the English Community Program are offered an introductory Spanish-as-a-Second-Language class. All students, staff and visitors are encouraged to practice and showcase their Spanish language skills – whether advanced or basic – whenever possible. Students and teachers of the Spanish Bilingual program have clear expectations for full use of Spanish within the classroom.
Our School Program is Uniquely Organized
- International Spanish Academy (Grade 6-9) that serves NW and NE communities
- English Community School (Grade 7-9)
- Paced Learning Program (PLP) (Grade 7-9)
- Teachers within the core program are organized into teams that work together to plan activities and integrate curriculum. They discuss strategies to work more successfully with their students.
- Outstanding Complementary Program (options) - organized in semesters (exemption: Band is a full year of courses). Students are offered a wide variety of option courses in Spanish and English which extend and enhance the Program of Studies
- Staff are creative, concerned, competent and caring, bringing a wide range of language and cultural experiences to their students.