- Courtesy and good etiquette at lunch is required from everyone, in order to create an orderly and relaxing lunchtime environment:
- Maintain acceptable volume levels when visiting and eating with friends.
- Be responsible for cleaning up your own garbage, and sorting garbage according to the various labels and bins placed throughout the school.
- Walk in an orderly fashion in the hallways; stay to the right side.
- Take all running, tag and ball games to the outdoor field
- Rough-housing, whether indoors or outdoors, is not permitted at school
The use, possession of, distribution of, or active contact with, or collection of money for illicit street drugs, alcohol, inhalants, ecigarettes, vapers or nicotine is prohibited in school, on school board property or in the context of any school-related activity. Consequences include suspension from school and a re-entry meeting with the Calgary Police School Resource Officer.
Any object designed, intended or used for intimidation, threat or infliction of bodily harm is considered to be a weapon, is a criminal offence, and will result in serious disciplinary action, and on a case-by-case basis, referral to the Calgary Police Service.
Harassment, including verbal, physical, online, and/or cyber-bullying, is a criminal offence, and is not tolerated under any
circumstances. Workshops and special presentations will be offered to students, staff and parents on a regular basis to develop the needed digital literacy skills to safely navigate the online environment.
You should know that you, your lockers, desk, backpack, purses, computer, etc. and their contents may be searched by a staff member when there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of school regulations or discipline or as a matter of school welfare or safety.