Our focus is on promoting a healthy lifestyle which includes physical fitness and nutrition. Junk food is discouraged and in some cases not allowed on campus. We appreciate parents supporting us in ensuring students have healthy snacks and
lunches at school.
Grades 4, 5 & 6
- Lunchroom supervision will be provided.
- These students who are registered for the lunch program are not permitted to leave the school campus during the school day.
- These students do not have access to hot water or microwaves
- Students are required to stay in designated lunch areas until 12:30 pm.
- At 12:30, students are expected to start going outside to the field area (weather permitting) or other options (i.e: Learning Commons or Intramurals) where supervision will be provided.
- Students may take longer to eat their lunch in their designated areas if required.
- Students should bring appropriate clothing to be outside at lunchtime.
- Students re-enter the school at the 12:55 warning bell where they are expected to go to their lockers and get prepared for afternoon classes.
Grades 7, 8 & 9
- These students have permission to leave the campus at lunch provided they return to school on time for afternoon classes. Everyone is expected to behave in a respectful manner towards community businesses and neighbouring residents.
- We encourage junior high students who are leaving the school for lunch to make healthy choices if they are going to purchase their food at such places as Macs.
- Those students who remain at school during the lunch break are asked to clean up after themselves.
- Students are encouraged to go outside during the lunch hour, if they are not involved in clubs or intramurals.
- We encourage all students to be involved in the many lunchtime activities that are available.
Friday Nutrition Break
The break runs from 10:16 to 10:32 a.m. Due to the significantly shorter break on Fridays, all students must remain in the school during the break.
As a number of our students have severe allergies to nuts, including peanuts, we are an Allergy Aware school. We ask for your support in protecting students with allergies by not sending foods containing tree nuts or peanuts to school. For more information about this and other health concerns see our Illness & Medical page.
Occasionally there will be opportunities to purchase special lunches through Healthy Hunger which often includes hot food items. Parents will be notified in advance to order/pay online.