The Calgary Board of Education provides students with the option to stay at school for lunch. Lunch Supervision is offered to all students in Grades 1- 6 and in our full-day kindergarten programs for an annual fee. Please visit our Lunch Supervision page for information.
Lunch Behaviour Guidelines
Students are expected to behave in a respectful, courteous manner during the lunch period. Generally students must:
- Remain seated while eating, engaging in quiet conversation
- Dispose of garbage appropriately in containers provided
- Participate in clean up of the lunch area
- Engage in appropriate indoor activities
- Request permission to leave the lunchroom area
- Show respectful behavior to the adults and other students in the lunchroom
- Engage is safe and respectful behaviour when outside over lunch break
Routines for 2022-2023
- Grade 1-4: 12:00 – 12: 43 (Eat 12:00-12:21, Outside 12:21 – 12:43)
Grade 5-6: 12:21 – 1:04 (Outside 12:21 -12:43, Eat 12:43-1:04)
Fridays: No lunch as dismissal is at 12:35 pm
Students in Grades 1 / 2 and 5 / 6 will eat in their classrooms. Students in Grades 3 /4 will eat in the library.
A reminder that students are not to share food or drinks.
All students from Grade 1-6 will be outside playing at the same time from 12:21 - 12:43pm.
We have a number of students who have an allergy to nuts so ask that you do not send nuts to school. Learn more about allergies and other health concerns on our Illness & Medical page.