Care of Personal Property
We recommend that you do not bring valuables to school unless you need them for a specific purpose. You are responsible for your own property and any books or materials the school loans you. Lock up your valuables in your hall locker or PE lockers while in gym activities. The school is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Laser pens, gum, any frozen drinks, Bubble Tea, Energy drinks, open cans of pop, sunflower seeds, sugar straws are all items that are not to be in the school.
Lost & Found
If you find something, we ask you to turn it in to the office. A lost and found facility is also maintained by the phys. ed. staff. If you lose something, come and look for it. Unclaimed items will be donated to charity.
Personal Electronic Devices
Phones are available in the office for students’ use. Parents, please call the main office if you have a message for your child.
- Cell phones must be turned off, put away and kept out of sight while in classes, unless permission is received from a staff member.
- Cell phones are not to be used during class changes.
- During non- instructional times such as before school, at lunch time and after school, students may use their cell phones to check messages and make calls according to the Acceptable Use of Electronic Information and Resources Policy.
- During tests/quizzes, cell phones must be turned off and placed on your desk.
- Use of a cell phone in a class is up to the discretion of the teacher.
- If students disregard this policy their cell phones will be taken and stored in the office; usually to be returned at the end of the day.
- If there are repeat problems, the phone may be kept and parents contacted.
Our school has a Digital Citizenship plan and an Acceptable Use Policy that addresses the appropriate use of electronic devices at school.
Although there are bike racks, the school does not assume responsibility for bicycles brought to school. We do encourage you to lock up bikes if you bring them. As well, be sure to use them responsibly around the school and on the playground, or you will be asked to leave them at home. Skateboards, roller blades and scooters are not allowed on CBE property.
Skateboarding, tobogganing, tubing, crazy carpeting, bobsledding and sledding are activities that are not permitted on School Board properties during the hours that the school is in operation as per Chief Superintendent’s Operating Policy #3027 Off Site Activities. Skateboards are not to be kept in your lockers.
Students are welcome to use backpacks, purses or bags to and from school. They are not allowed in and between classes for health, safety and security reasons.