Simon Fraser Middle School Council was formed on October 10, 1995. The mission of our School Council is to enhance Student learning through fostering the well being and effectiveness of all our School Community.
In order to create an effective learning environment and enable our Students to maximize their potential, our School Council will facilitate communication among all of the members of our School Community so that we may work together, as partners.
School Council's objectives are:
- To enable meaningful involvement by parents, teachers, principal, staff, students and interested persons from the community at large in our School.
- To facilitate collaboration among all the members of our School Community so that we may work together to promote the well being and effectiveness of all our School Community and thereby enhance Student learning.
- To facilitate the development of a shared vision for our School.
- To review communication, planning and resource allocation and to provide advice regarding priorities and programs that will meet the expectations of our School Community.
- To advise on fund raising activities of our School that are operated by independent committees and organizations.
All parents are members of School Council and are encouraged to attend Council meetings that are held the 3rd Monday of each month (there are some exceptions) at 7 pm in the Simon Fraser Middle School Learning Commons.
We look forward to seeing you there.
See our Calendar page for dates and times.
Chair: Alan Morasch