Parent Council Monday, February 22 – School Council online meeting at 7:00 pm. Consider joining us on Monday to hear more about the changes to High School Transitions and our Technology Update Plan. Thanks again to all the parents who have been regularly attending this important group. Click here to join the meeting
Parent Council Update February 5, 2021
Since it is the start of a hopeful new year 2021, we thought
we would introduce you, again, to our 2020-2021 Parent Council. We are:
President: Nicole Sandblom
coordinator: Rita Samrai
coordinator: Shannon King
Communicator: Jennifer Beeler
We know it is a challenging time for our school community as
we navigate through the pandemic. Our
purpose is to advocate for the students and the community of Simon Fraser. If you have any concerns or things you would
like to discuss, please feel free to email any of us at Simonfraserparents@hotmail.com.
We invite all of you to attend our monthly meetings. These meetings are a chance to raise any
questions or concerns you may have about the school and activities; it is also
a chance to hear about the current and upcoming events of the school.
Because of the pandemic, we are not able to run these
meetings in person, but you are invited to attend via our Teams link. We always have a number of parents /
guardian attending and all are welcome.
We are very mindful of your time, so we keep the meetings fairly
We hope to see you at the next meeting February 22, 2021 at 7:00 PM
Parent Council History Simon Fraser
Simon Fraser Middle School Council was formed on October 10, 1995. The mission of our School Council is to enhance Student learning through fostering the well being and effectiveness of all our School Community.
In order to create an effective learning environment and enable our Students to maximize their potential, our School Council will facilitate communication among all of the members of our School Community so that we may work together, as partners.
School Council's objectives are:
- To enable meaningful involvement by parents, teachers, principal, staff, students and interested persons from the community at large in our School.
- To facilitate collaboration among all the members of our School Community so that we may work together to promote the well being and effectiveness of all our School Community and thereby enhance Student learning.
- To facilitate the development of a shared vision for our School.
- To review communication, planning and resource allocation and to provide advice regarding priorities and programs that will meet the expectations of our School Community.
- To advise on fund raising activities of our School that are operated by independent committees and organizations.
All parents are members of School Council and are encouraged to attend Council meetings that are held the 3rd Monday of each month (there are some exceptions) at 7 pm in the Simon Fraser Middle School Learning Commons.
We look forward to seeing you there.
See our Calendar page for dates and times.
Our Members 2020-21
President: Heather Janett
Vice President: Nicole Sandblom
Treasurer: Amber Abbott
Secretary: Sharon ramfraj-Thompson
Casino Coordinator: Shannon King
Volunteer Coordinator: Rita Samrai
Key Coordinator: Jennifer Beeler