Charter bus students must ride their designated bus only and be prepared to show their bus pass to the driver. If it is necessary to ride a different bus (for school purposes) a guest pass will be issued at the office with parental consent. Please bring a signed note from home with the specific request. Non bus students are not allowed to ride charter buses for any purpose.
Common sense should govern student behaviour in regards to buses:
Always meet the driver's expectations. Stand well back of the arriving or departing bus. Realize that riding the bus is a privilege that can be lost if expectations are not followed.
Reminder: Dress appropriately for winter weather.
Parents should be aware of the following:
- Every effort is made to keep ride times to within one hour each way. Due to the sparsity of students, buses must travel long distances to service the schools offering alternative and special needs programs, therefore, ride times may be longer in some cases.
- Parents are responsible for ensuring their child's safety while traveling to and from, and while at the bus stop.
- School bus routes are developed using all pre-registrations. Changes to routes will not be made until after Thanksgiving unless they are necessary, e.g., road closure.
- If a student has more than one address, only the primary residence address will be used for transportation purposes. The CBE cannot provide two or more bus stops for one child; however, students are allowed to use any existing bus stop that is convenient for them as long as they have registered and paid for transportation.
- Parents/guardians can complete a Bus Stop Change Request form.
- The circumstances under which a stop will be reviewed are outlined on the form.
- Bus routes or schedules are subject to change at any time during the school year.