The aim of English Language Arts is to enable each student to understand and appreciate language, and to use it confidently and competently in a variety of situations for communication, personal satisfaction and learning.
Students will have opportunities to become more confident and competent users of all six Language Arts. They will have ample opportunities to listen, speak, read, write, view and represent in a variety of combinations and relevant contexts.
- Read to explore, construct and extend understanding
- Write to develop, organize and express information and ideas
- Manage and evaluate information and ideas
- Construct meaning and makes connections through speaking
- Construct meaning and makes connections through listening
- Represent ideas and create understanding through a variety of media