June Student Locker Clean-out
Locker clean out for students will take place on the June 8th and everything should be removed from lockers by the 19th
- Starting June 20 bag check - will take place out of room 112/114
- Starting June 20 Lockers available for day use are only located on both sides of the hallway between the cosmetology room and the library.
- No other lockers can be used for this and locks will be cut off at the end of each day.
June Exam reminders
- Students may not bring any cell phones, smart watches, headsets, IPODS or any other type of electronic devices into the examination room. No hand-held electronic dictionaries and electronic or paper templates and/or graphic organizers are allowed.
- Any student in possession of material not allowed in an examination room will have his/her mark invalidated.
Grad 12 BBQ & Yearbook Signing - June 14
June 14 Grade 12 BBQ and Yearbook signing 3:15pm to 5:00pm
CBE Summer School July 4-27 - registration is closed
CBE summer school runs from July 4 - 27 and students are only permitted to sign up for one class. Students who submitted requests for a course will be notified by either CBe-learn (on-line classes) or Chinook Learning (in person classes) the week of June 5.
- Notifications will be sent from either "External-CBe-learn" or "External - Chinook Learning Services" - check your spam emails (Churchill does not send out these confirmations).
- Student who have not received notification by June 9 should contact the school directly - links provided below.
- CBe-learn CBe-Learn
- Chinook Learning Services Chinook Learning
- All Diploma exams will be written at Nelson Mandela High School
All CBe-learn students will be enrolled into Essentials for Online Learning Success, with access by June 19th. One credit for COM 1255 will be awarded for those who complete this course for the first time by July 10th.
For more options, students can go the Alberta Online Learning website: Alberta Online Learning websiteWork
Graduation Reception & Dance on Friday June 2
Grad Reception will be held at the Westin Hotel with a ticket price of $85 per student. Please refer to the Grad newsletter for more details or the Grad page on this website.
On-line Grad Reception & Dance Ticket Sales: Wednesday, April 26 - Wednesday, May 17
D2L Student Services Shell
Please check your grade level D2L shell for information & resources and ensure you are set to receive notifications.
- find mental health support & resources
- improve your time management & study skills
- discover youth employment supports
- explore career options
- learn about leadership & volunteer opportunities
- access My Blueprint
- receive important announcements & regular updates
- 2023-2024 Course Planner
This message is for any student interested in challenging an International Language at the 30 and 35 level.
The Calgary Board of Education is centralizing the process for the completion of the examinations for each Language. Challenges may be made twice a year in Fall and Spring. Requests must be made at the school and submitted before the deadline. A signed form is required.
The following link provides a .pdf copy of the French and International Languages Course Challenge Guide. It is important that students and their family read this guide carefully.
Important dates of which to take note:
TBA – If the student is successful with their submitted portfolio, audio recording, and oral interview assessment, the student will complete further examination on this date again at William Aberhart High school.
Any questions should be directed to our International Languages Learning Leader, Barbara Giannoutsos – email@example.com.
Please drop off or pick up in south side of the school parking lot or east of the barrier on 52 Avenue.
Only students who have a valid 2022-2023 SWC parking pass are permitted to park in our school lot - other vehicles will be towed. Students are reminded to NOT park in a numbered parking stall.
Volunteer Churchill Peer Tutoring
Volunteer Churchill’s Peer Tutoring Program is up and running. Any struggling students are encouraged to make use of this program. There is a link that can be used to sign up as either a tutor or tutee on the website or see Ms. Lee. As a tutor, they earn Volunteer Churchill hours towards an end of the year certificate.
Here is the link: https://forms.gle/pmk5Kec11ayGHKYW8
Education Matters Scholarships
Take a look at all 43 pages of Education Matters Scholarships available on d2l – we’ve tried to make them more accessible if you’re finding their website tricky. Take a look in the ASSIGNMENTS bin and read through the options available to you.
Gr. 12 Scholarship information – if you are applying for Scholarships:
- Please see d2l for updated/new Announcements that have been added (and you will want)
- Be aware of upcoming deadlines – do your homework and ensure you have all you need
- and (finally….) be aware Queen’s University Scholarship is coming up fast – are you ready
Scholarship Teachers: for more info, see Ms. AJ Fleming and Ms. Jodi Blackburn, prep room 213
Post Secondary & Careers
American University Applicants
Any Grade 12 students pursuing applications to a US university should complete a parent permission letter and book a separate meeting with their Counsellor to review the application. Students must bring the signed letter and their C.V. and resume to the meeting. Letters can be picked up in Student Services. Counsellors need at least 2 weeks notice before application deadlines.
Introducing Geomatics Engineering Technology at SAIT
Please see D2L for more information on this new program.
Industrial Electricians, Instrumentation Technicians and Millrights Wanted
Are you about to graduate and like working with your hands? If you answered yes, you are eligible to apply for careers in Industrial Electro Technologies and industrial Mechanics. These positions are only for Grade 12 students. See Mr. Z in the library.
Momentum Savings Program
Do you want to save money for school or to start your own business? The Momentum Youth Savings program will not only teach you how to save money BUT they will also match your savings 4:1. For every $50 you save, they will give you $200! To see if you qualify, stop by Mr. Z’s office in the library to chat.
Young Women in Trades & Technologies
CAREERS Next Gen is an organization breaking down barriers and paving a path for women in skilled trades and technologies. If you are interested in learning about opportunities available in a variety of industries, visit Mr. Z in the library for more information.
Feb 21-24, 2023
Jr Boys Basketball – 7:15 vs Aberhart (@Central)
Sr Boys Basketball - 5:30 vs Aberhart (@Central)
Jr Boys Basketball – 5:30 @ Scarlett
Sr Boys Basketball – 7:15 @ Scarlett
Jr Girls Basketball – 5:30 @ Bishop Carroll
Sr Girls Basketball - 7:15 @ Bishop Carroll
Sr Girls Basketball - Bowness Tournament (Fri/Sat)
Jr Girls Basketball - Bishop O’Byrne Tournament (Fri/Sat)
Clubs and Activities
UPDATING INFORMATION, PLEASE CHECK BACK TO SEE SOON!
Phrase of the Week
shì jiè gè dì
All over the world||La vie est dure mais toi aussi!||Die letzte Meile ist die schwierigste.||De tal palo, tal astilla. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.|
Solis occasum – The setting of the sun.