Volunteer with SWCSC & SWCPA
It takes all kinds of contributions to support a whole school! You can make a difference by contributing your time as a volunteer on the School Council or our Parent Association! You can join the SWCSC & SWCPA Executive to advise administration, represent parents/guardians, support school activities, or fundraise for school needs. However, if participation in the above events are not within your reach for now, there are other short term opportunities to volunteer with SWCSC & SWCPA from a couple of hours each year to audit annual financials or a few hours reviewing/updating our bylaws. Please also consider supporting the school with your volunteer hours during our Casino Fundraisers which occur every 2 years! For just a few hours of your time volunteering at our casino, the school nets anywhere from approx. $60,000-$70,000 for our efforts! Great or small, whatever your volunteer availability, we would love to have you!
Volunteer with Our School
While COVID-19 Measures are in Place
In-person visitors and volunteers will be allowed in CBE schools only if they are scheduled in advance at this time. This includes guest speakers, sports-team coaches and artists in residence. Individuals are encouraged to communicate with the school through email or by phone.
Please visit our COVID-19 page for the most up-to-date information. Our plan is subject to change throughout the school year as more information becomes available.
We welcome volunteers in the classroom, on field trips and with certain tasks at school or at home. Certain activities or field trips would not be possible without the active participation of our volunteers. Contact us about ways you can volunteer with our school.
Visit the CBE website for more information on volunteering, including the required registration and Police Information Check. (Please note, guest speakers or visitors to the school, and parents/guardians assisting their own child only are not considered to be volunteers and do not require a police information check.)
Volunteering for an Off-Site Activity
If you want to volunteer for an off-site activity, please keep in mind:
- Volunteers on an activity are considered representatives of the Calgary Board of Education and are subject to the same expectations as staff
- Volunteers are subject to the requirements of CBE Administrative Regulation 5003 – Volunteers, which includes an application and a police security screening check
- Volunteers are covered by the CBE’s liability insurance policy while performing their assigned duties
- Volunteers are covered by WCB while performing their duties
- Volunteers receive direction from and are accountable to the teacher-in-charge