In order to be eligible to participate in the graduation exercises as a member of the graduating class, a student must be enrolled in a program of studies, which upon completion by August 2018, satisfies the requirements of an Alberta High School Diploma and be a citizen of good standing.
Ceremony | Friday, May 29, 2020 at 9:00 AM
Location - Jack Simpson Gymnasium, University of Calgary
Leave home early. You cannot be late!
- 8:00 AM Suggested time if you want to take pictures before the ceremonies
8:15 AM Doors open to the seating area for guests.
8:30 AM Line up in alphabetical order in designated area
- 9:00 AM Processional begins
- 11:30 AM Approximate ending time for the ceremonies.
To be Announced
- To be Announced - Last Names A to H
- To be Announced - Last Names I to O
- To be Announced - Last Names P to Z
- For the ceremonies, students will be wearing blue grad gowns (which can get quite warm).
- The graduation ceremony is a formal event, therefore students should dress in semi-formal attire. As a result you should NOT WEAR jeans, T-shirts, sneakers, flip-flops or hats.
- Consider wearing comfortable but professional footwear as you will be walking up a ramp, across a stage and down stairs.
- DO NOT bring purses, cell phones, bags or any other items that you need to carry.
Grad Gown Measuring - Monday, February 24 through Thursday, February 27
Grad Gown and Cap Distribution - Thursday, May 28 after school
- Students must pick up their gowns in the cafeteria before grad.
- You MUST bring your school photo ID card when you pick up your gown.
- You are responsible for the care and the return of the gown that you are issued.
- The gown must be returned immediately after the ceremonies have concluded
- If the gown is not returned at the University immediately after the ceremonies, then the student must pay for the shipping charges to have the gown sent back to the gown company in Winnipeg. This also applies to any students who sign out a gown but do not attend the ceremonies.
Grad Gown Return: Friday, May 29 immediately following the ceremonies at the University.
- Since students will pick up their gowns before the ceremonies, we encourage you to take pictures prior to the ceremonies, at home or at the University. As stated above, gowns must be returned at the conclusion of the ceremonies.
- During the ceremonies, a professional photographer from Lifetouch will take a picture of each graduate as they receive their certificate. Each graduate will receive a complimentary copy of this picture.
- Therefore, we ask that the audience remain in their seats during this process and do not come to the front to take pictures.
- The entire family is invited, although small children may find the event too long as the proceedings will last almost 3 hours. There is no charge to attend this event, and no tickets needed to be booked in advance.
- Doors will open at 8:15 a.m. for seating.
- Students will be seated on the gymnasium floor with guests seated in the stands around the gymnasium.
- Students with surnames from A to L will be on the left side facing the stage and M to Z will be on the right side.
- Please turn off all cell phones, pagers and electronic devices once you enter the seating area.
- The ceremonies will end at approximately 11:30 a.m.
- Guests are asked to remain in your seats for the duration of the ceremonies to participate in the celebration of the grad class as a whole. Please do not leave the seating area until the entire ceremony is completed.
Monday, May 25 - Period 3 - 10:15 AM
- There will be a rehearsal for the ceremonies preceding Grad to go over common problems and questions. Please ask your son or daughter for the details shared at the rehearsal, as it is his/her responsibility to attend this assembly and keep you informed.
- For those students on spare, ensure you are there!
Banquet and Dance | Friday, May 29, 2020 at 5:30 PM
You must complete THREE steps in order to ensure a place at the Graduation Banquet and Dance:
- Only students with NO OUTSTANDING FEES are eligible to purchase banquet tickets. If you attempt to purchase tickets online and are restricted from doing so, please visit the Business Office.
- Graduating students will be allowed to purchase a maximum of 6 tickets each in the presale round.
- It is possible to buy 6 tickets in one online transaction, but at different tables. Please ensure that, once you have been given access to the online system, you purchase ALL of your tickets in one transaction.
- If you require more than 6 tickets, please email Ms. Breadner (email@example.com) with your request. A request does not guarantee that you will get extra tickets, but every effort will be made to accommodate requests.
- During the first-round of ticket sales, only students with FULL TABLES OF 8 who have handed in a completed table sheet will be eligible to purchase their tickets online. Prior to tickets going on sale, please arrange the seating for you and your guests to create FULL tables of 8. There will be a limited amount of tables available for 10 people – if you have a full table of 10, you may also submit this request. Tables of 10 will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Table sheets will be available for pick-up in the main office or Room 115 beginning Monday, April 6.
- Table sheets must be approved by Ms. Breadner or Ms. Cave in order to be eligible to purchase tickets during the presale round from April 21– April 30. When the online system goes live, only students who have had their table requests approved will be eligible to purchase banquet tickets. You are encouraged to create your tables of 8 as quickly as possible during this time so that you will be able to purchase tickets.
- There will be a “presale” for students with full tables of 8 or in multiples of 8. These table requests must be approved by Ms. Breadner or Ms. Cave (see above). Tables MUST be full by the end of the presale, or guests will be removed from the table and seated elsewhere.
Go to the InviteRight website. To purchase tickets, all students will need:
- Student Number
- Valid email address
- Names of all guests (Guest names will be reviewed by the School Admin Team)
- The guests’ preferred meal (Regular, Vegetarian/Vegan or Allergy – food allergy MUST be provided) **Please note – The meal will not contain pork, so no note is needed if you do not eat pork products.
- Valid MasterCard, Visa, or Online Debit Card
- Presale :
April 21(4:00 PM) – April 30 (4:00 PM)
- Open Round (first-come, first-served):
April 30(4:00 PM) – May 12 (4:00 PM)
- Tickets will be emailed to you between May 15 and May 22
- No tickets will be sold after May 12!
- Tickets are non-refundable and no tickets will be sold after the May 12deadline
- Parking at the BMO Centre is available in Lot 10 or 11 for a fee
- The Grad Banquet is a non-smoking and non-alcoholic event
- BMO Centre security searches all bags of students and guests
- Students and guests will not be allowed to leave and re-enter the banquet hall during the event.
The week prior to Grad, you will receive your Table and Seating Confirmation and e-ticket. Please print this ticket and bring it with you to the Banquet.
YOU must inform your guests of our formal/semi-formal dress code. Security could refuse admittance. The banquet location is a smoke-free environment. This is a school-sponsored function; therefore, wine or other alcoholic beverages are NOT available in the banquet hall. There are no in and out privileges. Dancing will be available until 11:00 pm.
- The dress code is formal/semi-formal. This means jacket and tie is appropriate. No jeans or casual wear are acceptable. You must inform your guests of the dress code as security could refuse admittance.
- Please leave outerwear in your car. There is no coat check.
- Arrive before 5:30 PM for the reception.
- Bring your ticket for entry into the event.
- Meet your party in the banquet hall, not outside.
- All tables are reserved, with the correct number of requested place settings and none will be added or changed.
- The banquet proceedings begin at 6:00 PM.
- If you leave the banquet you will not be permitted to return. There will be no in and out privileges.
- Dancing will be available until 11:00 PM.
- The event is a school-sponsored function; therefore alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted in the banquet hall.