Sir Winston Churchill High School
Graduation Newsletter is ready!
Please be sure to read the full newsletter!
Link: Graduation 2022 Newsletter
Ceremony | Friday, May 27, 2022
- Location: Jack Simpson Gymnasium at University of Calgary
- Time: Ceremony will begin at 9:00am sharp
- Parking: Pay parking lots on U of C cf Parking Lot
- Ms. H. Coco A - H
- Ms. L. Held I - O
- Mr. A. Zavaleta P – Z
- For the ceremony, students will be wearing blue graduation gowns and blue caps with a gold 2022 tassel. Students MUST wear their gowns and caps in order to cross the stage during the ceremony.
- The ceremony is a formal event; therefore, students should dress in semi-formal attire. As a result, you should NOT wear jeans, T-shirts, sneakers, flip-flops or hats. Consider wearing comfortable but professional footwear, as you will be walking up a ramp, across a stage and down some stairs.
- DO NOT bring purses, cell phones, bags or any other items that you need to carry.
Graduation Rehearsal Assembly:
- The grad rehearsal assembly is scheduled for Tuesday May 24, 2022 starting at 10:30am in the main gym.
- All graduands will be expected to attend the rehearsal assembly in order to receive important graduation information.
Covid and Safety Protocols:
- Previous mandates (capacity limits, masking, physical distancing) have been lifted by the provincial government
- The use of masks during the ceremony will be an independent choice
Grad Gown and Cap Distribution:
- Grads will be able to pick up their grad gown and cap on Tuesday May 24, 2022 starting at 3:10pm in the school cafeteria.
- Students must pick up their gowns and caps by 4:00pm on this date.
- Students MUST show their current school ID card in order to pick their items up
- Students are responsible for the care of the grad gown and cap once it has been issued
- The grad gown must be returned immediately after the ceremony has concluded at the U of C on May 27, 2022. At the end of the ceremony, students will be marshalled back to the gowning room where they will return their grad gown. The gowns will be returned back to Gaspard Gowns in Winnipeg after the ceremony.
- If the gown is not returned at this time, the student will be responsible for paying the shipping charges to have the gown sent back to Winnipeg. These charges will also apply to any student who pick up a gown but do not attend the ceremony. If the gown is not returned or is lost, then the student will be charged for the cost of the grad gown.
Since students will have their gowns and caps a few days prior to the graduation ceremony, and will be able to take them home. We encourage the grads to take pictures with family and friends on these days prior to the ceremony because there will not be an opportunity after the ceremony.
Lifetouch Pictures during the Ceremony:
- Two pictures will be taken of each graduand by Lifetouch
- Picture 1 – On stage: As the graduand receives their certificate from Principal Rajan on the stage .
- Picture 2 – Off stage: As the graduate walks off the stage, another picture will be taken.
- Parents will not be allowed to come onto the ceremony floor to take photos of their student.
It is exciting to be back at the University of Calgary to hold our graduation ceremony in person. We are proud of our Churchill grads and we look forward to celebrating your academic achievement.
Graduation Banquet - Friday May 27, 2022
Location: BMO Centre (Stampede Grounds)
Parking: Available for a fee in Lot 10 or 11
Time: Doors Open - 5:30 pm
Dinner Buffet - 6:30 pm
Banquet End Time – 11:00 pm
All graduating students and their guests must purchase a ticket in order to attend the banquet. Tickets will be sold online from Tuesday, April 19th – Wednesday, May 11th. No tickets will be sold after the May 11th deadline.
More information about ticket sales will be available soon.
The dinner buffet will begin at 6:30 pm. When purchasing tickets online, you will be able to select which type of meal you prefer (Regular Buffet, Vegetarian/Vegan) and list any allergies.
There is assigned seating in the banquet hall. You will select your table(s) when purchasing tickets online.
Banquet Program & Dance:
After dinner, there will be a program consisting of a Toast to the Teachers and Toast to the Parents, with replies. There will also be a Grad Video to celebrate and recognize the Graduating Class of 2022. Following the video, the dance will begin. The conclusion of the banquet will be at 11:00 pm.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of the Graduation Committee staff members:
- Ms. L. Breadner
- Ms. T. Cave
- Ms. K. Chan
- Ms. C. McKelvie
- Ms. R. Singh