Attendance Line: 403-777-7001 ext. 1
If your child is:
- has a medical appointment,
- absent for another reason, or will be
- arriving late to school,
please notify the school by phone at 403-777-7001 then press 1 for the attendance line and clearly provide your:
- child's name,
- child's teacher's name, and
- reason for the Late Absence.
Your child’s safety is of utmost importance – therefore, we require your help and cooperation in verifying all absences and late arrivals.
- Excessive absences or lates are referred to school administration and all absences and lates are documented in student files.
- Students who are late to school for any reason are to report to the office to sign in.
- Students arriving late to school are required to:
- enter through the office,
- have their name and entry time recorded by office staff on the 'Daily Attendance Sheet' (attendance accuracy) and acquire a late slip,
- present a late slip to the teacher upon entering the classroom.
- Students are expected to enter the classroom quietly and respectfully and sit down and begin work without disruption to the learning process.
- Excessive lates and absences will be referred to school administration.
- Being on time with regular attendance is a strong contributor to student academic and personal success.
School Messenger _ Automated System
This system will automatically initiate calls and/or emails to contacts of all students who have an unexcused absence. We will be using this system to facilitate communication between school and home.
Leaving School During the Day
Parents are to notify the office, either in writing or by phone, when their child needs to leave early for appointments. Only parents/ guardians or emergency contacts shown on your student's demographics can sign out your child at the office. Changes to your child's demographic can be completed in your MyCBE account. If a student becomes ill at school, they will come to the office and parent/ guardian will be contacted to come pick the student up.
Please notify the school office if your child will be away from school for extended periods of time. When families choose to take their child on a family holiday when school is in session, the teacher is not expected or required to provide school homework for the time missed.