Always read the care label that is sewn onto the garment first.
Stains -The sooner you treat a stain, the better. The longer it sits, the more time it has to work itself into the fabric's fibers. Immediately diluting stains in cold water is often the best thing you can do before treating the stain.
Drying - Avoid using a clothes drier wherever possible. If this is unavoidable, always use
the cool setting. Using the drier can cause shrinkage and your garments won't last as long.
Always hang your washing inside out in the shade and try to avoid the clothesline on hot days of
30°C or more.
Ironing -If you have a print on your garment, always press the garment before the first wash (except nylon garments).This will help extend the life of the logo. For nylon garments, a piece of fabric should be placed between the iron and the print. Hot iron settings are also responsible for pilling, shrinkage and colour loss. A warm setting is preferred.
Helpful hints to keep your school uniforms looking great even longer:
- Follow the care instructions inside each garment.
- Wash garments made of "like” fabrics and colours together
- Wash garments before they are worn (for colour fastness and comfort)
- Pre-treat any stains before washing (machine washing and drying without pre-treating may set stains in permanently).
- Do not put undiluted washing powder directly onto your washing as spot bleaching can occur (dissolve the powder into the water before adding garments.
- Chlorine bleach and pre-soaks are not recommended.
- Avoid fading by never hanging your garments out in direct sunlight
- Always fasten all zips, buttons and studs prior to washing so that they don't damage the garments or get caught during the wash cycle.
- When washing, use warm or even cold water cycles.
- To protect the colour of your garments always wash them inside out.
A second kilt should be purchased if worn on a daily basis for entire school year and cleaned on a regular basis. Should you be wearing same kilt daily - please expect regular wear, tear, stretching, wrinkles and fiber pilling on item.
Wash according to washing instructions- hang to dry, press for longer life of the