Our Parent Society also known as the Fundraising Associations. Are actively involved creating and executing fundraising strategies to support the school’s learning direction and needs. At Stanley Jones School we have two associations: one for Stanley Jones and one for Alice Jamieson.
Some of our Fundraising Associations activities have included:
- No-Fuss Fundraiser – which is a direct donation to the Fundraising Associations to support the ongoing needs of our school. This campaign makes fundraising efforts easy on parents and ensures an efficient way of raising funds for resources for SJ and AJA.
- School Casino Fundraisers – Approximately once every 18 months, our school is provided the opportunity to hold a charitable gaming event which allows us to raise funds for the school. This event requires a great deal of volunteers, but its our largest source of funding!
- In School Programs - such as Admazing coupon books and Healthy Hunger lunch program.
- Highway clean up
- Bottle Drives
Donating to Our School
Ways to give to our school include:
Monetary (cash) donation
- I wish to receive a tax receipt for my donation. Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20 or more.
- Visit the EducationMatters online donation webpage to make a donation. (Preferred donation method)
- Write a cheque payable to EducationMatters (all one word) and include the name of our school and the specific program, activity or item you want your donation to support in the 'memo' section. Give the cheque to the school or mail it to: EducationMatters, 1221 8 Street SW Calgary, AB T2R 0L4
- I do not wish to receive a tax receipt for my donation
- Write a cheque made payable to Calgary Board of Education and include the name of our school and the specific program, activity or item you want your donation to support in the 'memo' section. Give the cheque to the school.
In-kind donations of school supplies or equipment
- Contact our principal to ensure these supplies or equipment are needed and can be used by the school.