- Art Club runs on various days after school for students who sign up.
- Eco Club works to make impacts in our community and around the world. Grades 5 & 6
- Youth Action is for grade six students who are interested in developing a strong sense of community and leadership in our school
- Science Club will be offered again in the spring for students
- Multi-media club continues to support our student learning through the use of technology
- Sports League runs through the lunch hour Tuesdays and Thursdays
See our Calendar page for current club activities.
Some of our activities are highlighted in our Student Showcase.
Mr. Barker's Division II Cartooning Club will be starting. Art supplies will be provided.
Student representatives from every classroom will be sharing their thoughts and ideas throughout the year. Topics such as School Spirit and ways to bring a sense of belonging for all will be shared each month.
Eco Club News
and Mrs. Harnett's Super Duper Eco-Club has exciting news!! They have recently
been accepted to be part of the City of Calgary's Eco-Leaders Program!! As an
Eco-Leader school, they will receive access to: subject matter experts, a seed
grant, are invited to participate in the Eco-Leaders Conference on January 22
and the opportunity to present at the Mayor’s Environment Expo in June.
They have also teamed up with CPAWS (Canadian Parks & Wilderness Society) and will be working to enhance climate-literacy and foster climate leadership. As part of this initiative, they will even be going on a snowshoe adventure to Penstock Loop in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park on February 6. The Sunalta Eco-Club's passion and drive to make our world a better place is very inspirational!! HOORAY FOR OUR ECO-WARRIORS!
Calgary Food Bank
Sunalta School supports the Calgary Food Bank with several food drives throughout the year.