- Students are expected to wear appropriate clothing for the weather, which will ensure their comfort outside at recess and lunchtime.
- All students are expected to remove their outdoor footwear when they enter the school and therefore all students need a pair of indoor shoes, suitable for gym and classroom use.
- Students will be kept indoors if the weather conditions are excessively wet or cold (rule of thumb -20 degrees Celsius with wind chill).
- Please label all clothing and personal belongings with your child’s name.
Individual expression and fashion trends must fall within the bounds of good taste and the standards agreed upon by parents and staff. One's dress should not be distracting. The following are examples of unacceptable dress at Sundance School (our place of business):
- Suggestive, rude slogans on clothing
- Belly shirts, spaghetti straps, visible undergarments (lasagna straps are acceptable)
- Excessively torn clothing
- Hats in school (unless a ‘special day’)
- Short shorts (Rule of Thumb: must be longer than longest finger on hand when hanging by your side)
- Shoes that mark floors
- Socks should be worn at all times
Students will be asked to find suitable clothing if their dress is inappropriate. Repeat offenders may be sent home.