Attendance Line 403-777-8690 ext. 1.
It is important that you call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Sick children at school increase the likelihood that colds, flu and other diseases will spread throughout the school population. Information from the Calgary Health Region regarding communicable diseases states the following:
Pink Eye – Students should not attend school until free of symptoms or 24 hours after having drops.
Head Lice – Students should not attend school until treated with an anti-lice shampoo and crème rinse.
Strep Throat – Students should not attend school until treated with antibiotics for 24 hours.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
We are an allergy aware school. Many students have severe allergies to a variety of foods especially to peanuts and tree nuts. Parents of students with allergies must fill out the appropriate forms forms (also available in the Office), and ensure the School has the necessary medication on hand should a reaction occur.
Students and staff may have allergies or asthma. To provide support for those affected, please avoid wearing heavy perfume or cologne to school or school functions that may impact others.
Parents or guardians requesting school assistance with their child’s medical needs are required to complete the following forms.
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue requiring attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.
Public Health Nurse
Sundance School has access to a public health nurse. Please contact the School if you require information on how to reach her.