Our lunchroom accommodates full time and drop-in users.
Lunch Hour: 11:40 am – 12:25 pm
- Grades K-3 have lunch in their classrooms and will have lunch recess at 12:05pm
- Grades 4-6 have lunch in their classrooms at 12:05pm after lunch recess at 11:40am
Please ensure lunch kits are labeled with your child’s full name and include all utensils required. There are water fountains available for students to fill up their water bottles. We remind you that children should bring appropriate outdoor clothing as weather changes frequently.
Students who go home for lunch should not return before 12:25pm
The Calgary Board of Education provides students with the option to stay at school for lunch. Lunch Supervision is offered to all students for an annual fee. Please visit our Lunch Supervision page for information.
We are an allergy aware school. Many students have severe allergies to a variety of foods especially to peanuts and tree nuts. In view of this, we ask for consideration when packing lunch and snack items. We also ask that students do not share food to respect the health conditions of all of our students. See more on our Illness & Medical page.
Sundog welcomes another great year! To register your child(ren) and be able to participate in these special events, go to Healthy Hunger and enter each child under their teacher's name/grade. If you already have a username and password, your account is still active but you will need to link each child to their new teacher/grade for the 2022-2023 school year. Refer to the ‘Resources' document link on the upper right side for guidance on the School website.
The Healthy Hunger website allows you to place orders and pay online throughout the year or all at once for snacks and lunches. Orders can be changed/cancelled up to the order deadline date. Refunds/adjustments are issued through the Healthy Hunger website to the account you used to make the payment.
Reminders will be sent to families prior to order deadline dates through Healthy Hunger accounts, School Weekly Updates messages, (note: to those parents who have 'subscribe to stay informed'), and via the Sundance School Council Facebook group.
Tentative deadline order dates are below:
- Dec SNACK-Grades 1-6 and Mon/Wed KD ONLY Classes: Lilicake: Order deadline: Tue, Dec 6 and Distributed: Mon, Dec 12 **T/TH KD scheduled cupcakes later in school year**
- Jan SNACK-All Grades and Both KD Classes, Kernels Popcorn: Order deadline: Thurs, Jan 12 and Distributed: Wed, Jan 18 & Thurs, Jan 19 –Celebrate National Popcorn Day Jan 19
- Feb SNACK-Grades 1-6 and T/Th KD Classes: Lilicake: Order deadline: Fri, Feb 17 and Distributed: Thurs, Feb 23
- Mar Lunch-Grades 1-6 and T/TH KD Classes: Boston Pizza: Order deadline: Thurs, Mar 16 and Distributed: Tue, Mar 21
- Apr SNACK-All Grades and Both 1KD Classes, Kernels Popcorn: Order deadline: Wed Apr 12 and Distributed: Tues, Apr 18 & Wed, Apr 19
- May SNACK-Grades 1-6 and Both KD Classes, Out of Chaos (May 4 Cookie): Order deadline: Fri, Apr 28 and Distributed: Wed, May 3 & Thurs, May 4 – 'Celebrate May the 4 be with you'
- May Lunch-Grades 1-6 and Mon/Wed KD Classes Only, Subway: Order deadline: Fri, May 19 and Distributed: Wed, May 24
Volunteers are required to help sort the popcorn for the Sundog Snacks. If you are available to help you may sign up here: Sundog Snack Popcorn Sorting Sign Up. Note: a valid police check is required and the two annual volunteer forms completed.
Thank you, volunteers, vendors, school staff and parents for the great success and support for these fun opportunities. If you have any questions, please e-mail Sherry T., Sundog Lunch Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org