When you visit us, you will see: a lovely, well cared for vintage building; children’s art work and projects on display; a bright, sunny courtyard; multi-aged groups of children working and learning together; a friendly staff; four naturalized areas which inspire and nurture our learning; a large creative playground.
When you visit us, you will hear: the sounds of music; voices of engaged learners; people helping one another; people caring for one another; laughter; poetry.
You will feel: welcomed like a member of a caring community; like you belong.
Our Sunnyside School Beliefs:
We are connected to each other.
We are connected to our community.
We are connected to the land.
- We are a warm, caring, respectful environment that supports diversity and fosters creative thinking. Our small size promotes a unique family atmosphere.
- Close proximity to downtown Calgary means we have easy access to Prince’s Island, the Glenbow Museum, City Hall, Jubilee Auditorium, Science Centre, the Calgary Zoo and the EPCOR Centre for the Performing Arts, all of which are used to enrich student’s learning.
- Four naturalized areas highlight our outdoor space. Riverstone Park, Prairie Patch, and Aspen Woodland were developed between 1998 and 2002 and represent the flora and geography of Alberta. Our Sunnyside Learning Circle officially opened in September 2022. Children are frequently observed in these areas involved in creative play activities inspired by their surroundings.
- A large creative playground was constructed in June 2004.
- We have a private Before and After School Care Program and a Pre-Kindergarten Program for 3- and 4-year-olds providing additional family supports in our building.