At Sunnyside, we create conditions for students to learn positive behaviour while learning and interacting with others at school. We focus on a whole-school approach of behavioural expectations with an emphasis on:
- positive interactions with adults
- clear expectations
- social-emotional learning
- differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all learners
- whole-school initiatives that focus on positive mental health and relationships
- classroom meeting approaches to problem solving such as circles and restorative conversations
Inappropriate behaviour is first responded to at the classroom level in the context of learning and later by administration if necessary. Parents will be contacted to be part of the problem solving strategy and partners in supporting their children at school.