We take safety and security seriously. It is important that we maintain a safe and caring community so that learning can take place.
Student Arrival & Dismissal
Students are encouraged to arrive at school no sooner than 8:10 a.m., unless arrangements have been made ahead of time and they are involved in a pre-arranged activity under the direct supervision of a teacher.
Students will enter the school at their designated doors which will be open at 8:10 AM. Only those students who are late will enter through the front doors.
Upon dismissal students are expected to leave the school promptly and follow family arrangements. If a teacher is requesting a student to come earlier than 8:10 AM or stay past 3:00 PM, parents will be notified.
Visitors & Volunteers
Our school is a closed campus. All visitors and volunteers must report directly to the main office to sign-in and request permission from the school administration to be in the school. This process helps us know where you are in case of an emergency and allows staff and students to know you have signed-in with the office staff by wearing your volunteer/visitor badge.
Supervision times: supervision begins at 8:10 am. Lunch hour supervision is from 12:19 - 1:01 pm. It is our desire, as well as our professional duty, to ensure the safety and security of students throughout the day. It is generally understood that students who feel welcome, safe and valued achieve more effectively in their studies. Students have the right to be in a safe and secure environment.
- Adjust supervision routes to follow student areas and weather conditions
- To mediate student conflicts as they occur
- To refer serious conflicts that cannot be mediated to administration
- To participate in the de-briefing of administrative referrals as needed
- Behave in a safe manner (safe for self and others)
- Respect the feelings of others
- Discuss conflict situations calmly and fairly with students and or supervisors
- Seek solutions to conflicts that will consider the needs of all
- Follow supervisors requests
In order to ensure school security, all exterior doors will be locked after school commences each day. Anyone who is not a student or school staff member is required to sign-in.
In the event that school safety and security is a concern administration has the right to complete searches of student lockers, student property or personal belongings at any time.