Attendance Line: 403-817-3330 ext. 1.
If your child is ill, has a medical appointment or will be late in arriving to school, please call the school office before 8:25 AM or 1:00 PM. Your child’s safety is of utmost importance – therefore, we require your help and cooperation in verifying all absences and late arrivals.
- Students are expected to be punctual and present for all classes unless ill.
- Recognizing that events are sometimes out of the control of students, one  unexcused late will be permitted a week. Should a student have more unexcused lates, they will be required to catch up the missed learning time by appointment with their teacher.
- Excessive absences or lates are referred to school administration and all absences and lates are documented in student files.
- Students who are late to school for any reason are to report to the office to sign in. An excused late is defined as being late for school because of an appointment, funeral, etc. Missing alarms, accidentally sleeping in, etc. are unexcused lates.
- Students arriving late to class are required to present a late slip to the teacher upon entering the room. Students then are expected to enter the classroom quietly and respectfully and sit down and begin work without disruption to the learning process. Excessive lates and absences will be referred to school administration.
School Messenger – Automated System
This system will automatically initiate calls to contacts f all students who have an unexcused absence. We will be using this system to facilitate communication between school and home.
Leaving School During the Day
Parents are to notify the office, either in writing or by phone, when their child needs to leave early for appointments. Parents of students in Grades 5 - 6 are to sign out their child at the office. Students in Grades 7 - 9 can sign themselves out as long as parents have notified the office. If a student becomes ill at school, they are to come to the office and call a parent from the school phone.
Student regular attendance and punctuality is an extremely important component of the learning process and the evaluation of achievement. Attendance and/or late records are noted on report cards. Extended absences will impact achievement. Although teachers are not responsible for providing work, students are encouraged to check their teachers’ Google Site shell.