Everyone at Terrace Road School extends a warm welcome to all students, parents and caregivers to a new school year. It is our goal to work with everyone in our school community to provide the best educational experiences for our students. Our staff recognizes that families are the prime resource for children and as such, communication and involvement are essential for student success.
Our goal is to support all students in reaching their fullest potential. Terrace Road School’s programs support the intellectual, social, artistic and physical development of our students. We strive to involve students individually and collectively to enable them to discover their learning style and to personalize their learning.
We believe that in order for each student to develop to the fullest, a safe learning environment is essential. We welcome a strong partnership with our students, parents, caregivers and community stakeholders. In doing so know that we will reach our common goals on behalf of our learners. Please use this handbook as a tool in sharing information between home and school. Also feel free to contact the school if you have questions or concerns.
We hope that the information included here will answer many of the questions you might have about our school. If you require further information, please contact your child’s teacher.
We look forward to working with you to support your children during the school year.
We know that this will be an exciting year of learning for your child/children and your family.
Terrace Road School at a Glance
- We are the Terrace Road School Tigers!
- We respect ourselves, each other and our environment.
- Focus on literacy and numeracy.
- Our Learning Commons is an lively, resource-rich learning environment
- A Paced Learning Program is in our school for students in Grades 4, 5 and 6.
- We plan an artist residency program each year to provide us with exciting experiential learning.
- We have a breakfast program for students who require nutritional support.
- We have a four-day lunch program.
- Summit Kids provides before and after school care.
- University Heights Preschool is located in our school.
Everyone has a voice.
Everyone can use their voice
Through what they say and do.
At Terrace Road we share our voices by respecting
Ourselves, others, and our environment.
We are kind, responsible, and considerate.
We give put ups, work as a team, and
Are always true to ourselves.