Standards of Dress
We appreciate that our students know how to use common sense and dress appropriately for regular school classes as well as for special activities both in and out of the building. Style of dress and personal grooming must support a positive learning environment. No hats or hoods are to be worn within the school building. Shoes must be worn at all times.
At Terrace Road School, we know that the way we look reflects our attitudes towards our school and ourselves. A neat, clean appearance is important to learning and working together.
The following are examples of unacceptable dress:
- Wearing hats inside (aside from special days)
- No shorts or skirts shorter than your fingertips, when your hands are by your sign
- Shoes with soles that mark the floor
- Suggestive, rude or violent messages
- Halter tops or spaghetti straps
- No crop tops or shirts showing midriff
Your co-operation in promoting a positive image of our school is appreciated.