January 4, 2021
Dear Parents/Guardians of Terrace Road School,
RE: Notice of COVID-19 to Staff, Students and Visitors in Terrace Road School (2103-46 st NW, Calgary, AB, T3B
1B3). EI #: 2020- 7818
Two or more cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed at Terrace Road School (2103-46 st NW, Calgary, AB, T3B 1B3).
. As a result the Medical Officer of Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at Terrance Road School. Public Health
staff are investigating to determine who may have been exposed at your school to cases of COVID-19 during their
infectious period.The virus is passed from person to person by large, respiratory droplets, like from a cough or sneeze.
This means that a person would need to have direct contact with droplets from a sick person or surfaces that they have
recently touched. The risk of the general population in the school becoming infected because of these cases is low.
If staff or students have been identified as a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, Public Health will contact them
directly for follow-up.
• If staff or students have not been identified as a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case but develop
symptoms as listed on the daily screening tool, please self-isolate at home and complete the AHS COVID-19
online assessment tool or call Health Link at 811 as soon as possible to arrange for COVID-19 testing.
• If you or your child require medical attention, please call ahead to your health care provider or call Health Link at
811 to help guide you to the right care provider and make appropriate arrangements to care for yourself or your
• If this is an emergency and you or your child require urgent attention, call 911 and tell them that you or your child
may have been in contact with COVID-19 so that they can make appropriate arrangements to care for you or your
To help minimize spread of any respiratory virus we always recommend the following:
• Make sure everyone in your household washes their hands with soap and water often. If soap and water are not
available, you can use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if hands are not visibly dirty.
• Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
• Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw it in a garbage bin lined with a plastic bag. Wash your hands
immediately after that. If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve.
• Stay home if you’re sick. If your kids are sick, keep them home from school.
• Clean and disinfect surfaces that are used often and shared by everyone in your home such as door knobs, light
switches and bathroom taps.
• Practice physical distancing outside the home (at least 2 metres) and wear a mask in public spaces if social
distancing is not possible.
• Ensure your child’s immunizations are up to date, including their annual influenza immunization.
For further information regarding COVID-19, please visit: https://www.albertahealthservi... the AHS
website for COVID-19 or call Health Link at 811 if there are any questions.
Communicable Disease Control