The Raider Code
The Raider Code has four basic guidelines, the four “Rs”, which outline what we expect of all Raiders!
- Respect yourself
- Respect each other
- Respect our community
- Be Responsible for your actions
Raiders are responsible and accountable for their behaviour and conduct:
- while they are involved in school-sponsored or related activities
- on school board property
- during any locker break or lunch periods on or off school board property
- while traveling to and from school, including on the school bus
- engaging in any electronic communication both on or off CBE property, and
- in any other circumstances, including beyond the hours of school operation, if the behaviour or conduct affects the school environment.
- school authority
- others and their property
- ethnic, racial, religious and gender differences
- school board property, community property and property of other persons
Raiders are accountable for:
- school attendance and punctuality
- their work habits, assignments and homework
- textbooks and equipment; and
- complying with the school code of conduct
Our expectations are very high for student conduct, respect and behaviour in our school. The following outlines the areas where staff intervention will occur and students will be held accountable for their actions.
This is any behaviour that is deemed by staff to interfere with the learning of others. Since our core mandate is to provide a safe, secure, and productive learning environment, this can be very serious.
Respect for our Building
Students are asked to assist in keeping our school clean, tidy and in good condition. Garbage and recycling should be placed in the proper containers. This is expected both inside and outside.
Respect for our School Neighborhood
We expect our students to show respect for private property and businesses throughout the entire neighborhood and to respect others who live in our community. Use crosswalks, sidewalks and stay off private property at all times. Grade 7-9 students who fail to respect our community may lose the privilege of leaving school property at noon and/or face other disciplinary action.
Respect for Others
Violence, bullying, or any action taken that threatens or results in the infliction of physical, emotional or psychological distress or bodily harm is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Should you be having trouble with another student, please tell a staff member and/or your parents in order to help resolve the problem.