Tuscany School's Learning Commons brings teaching and learning together where inquiry, imagination, discovery, and creativity come alive. Learning is personalized, motivating, and engaging for students as they explore Learning Centers. Students work collaboratively to discover ideas in deep and meaningful ways.
New Process to Order and Receive Library Books
Option 1 (preferred method)
- Click on eLibrary and log in
- Fill out the form and click on submit
That's all there is to it - you can even do this from home.
Your books will be delivered to your classroom.
Option 2 (if option 1 doesn't work)
- Do a search in eLibrary.
- Send Ms. Mansey an email with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your CBE Student ID Number
- Title of the Book – found in eLibrary
- Author of the Book – found in eLibrary
- Call Number of the Book – found in eLibrary
How to do an Online Search for Library Books at Home
- Click on: CBE elibrary or use this link: https://ims.cbe.ab.ca/uhtbin/cgisirsi/?ps=S6rYbFOVCX/AAAERS/X/60/1182/X
- Student ID Login (username) and password
- Search - Type in words, title or author- Choose (default) Here for Tuscany’s Library or if you have not logged in, you must select Tuscany to define your library- Click on search
- To see which books you have signed out currently, click my account and then review my account
- To make a request for a specific book, click on using elibrary on the blue search bar. Then click on Library book requests, the last one on the list. Scroll down to page 2 and find Tuscany on the list of schools. Once you click on our link, it will take you to a form to fill out with the book title and author and call number as well as your name and teacher and grade. When you click submit, it will be sent directly to Ms.Mansey and she will sign your book out to you and bring it to you in class. Happy reading!
- Log out when you have finished
Books are a great way to start conversations with your children. May 2 is “Hat on for Mental Health”. Below are some resources that can be signed out either from Tuscany’s Learning Commons or the Calgary Public Library.
||Mindful 1,2,3 is an interactive resource that aims at introducing a mindful practice and experience through the concepts of numbers, counting, and sequencing. Created with hand-painted watercolor design and meaningful prompts to engage caregivers and children of all kind.
||Mindful ABCs is an Alphabet book that not only highlights the letters but what they can mean. Using familiar images of animals (painted in watercolor), this publication aims to introduce a whole new world of words that can support your little one's emotional and intellectual growth. If you have ever wanted your child to know what it means to 'create' or what 'mindful' is - this book is for you. With simple definitions of these important words (along with beautiful design), your child can begin to connect to the world (and themselves) in a fun and significant way. Spark meaningful conversations, introduce concepts like 'gratitude' and feelings such as 'inspiration' in an easy and approachable way. Because J can be for jellyfish...and JOY.
- The Best Part of Me by Wendy Ewald
- It’s Okay to be Different by Todd Parr
- Don’t Laugh At Me by Steve Seskin, Allen Shamblin and Glin Dibley
- No Two Snowflakes by Sheree Fitch and Janet Wilson
- I’m Gonna Like Me by Jamie Lee Curtis and Laura Cornell
Scholastic Book Fair Fundraising
We would like to extend a huge thank you for supporting Tuscany School’s Scholastic Book Fair. We have been able to purchase 120 books for Tuscany School as a result. A special thanks goes to the parents and grandparents who volunteered their time to ensure everyone was helped during the sale. We could not have done it without you.
Volunteers in the Learning Commons
Please visit our Volunteer page to find out how you can help us in the learning commons.
Book Borrowing Rules
Students are free to sign out two books at a time for a duration of 2 weeks. If the 2 weeks proves to not be enough time with the book, students can renew for an additional 2 weeks.