AMA School Safety patrollers help keep our families and students safe in the school zones. This program is open to all grade 5 students attending Valley View, and helps them develop their leadership skills and model safe school zone behaviours.
- Students are required to submit permission slips to take part in the patrol program and must attend the fall training with Constable Don in order to participate.
- Students are assigned a couple of shifts each week and will monitor school crosswalks before and after school.
- Patrollers will attend School Patrol Day at Heritage Park on Thursday, June 6, 2019 as a reward for all their hard work over the school year.
- Patrollers can enjoy perks, like discounts to Stampeder or Hitmen games.
- Patrollers will begin training grade 4 students in June for the next school year.
Student Advisory Committee
The Student Advisory Club is made up of one or two students per classroom who have been voted to represent the interests of their classmates in school decisions. The Student Advisory Club is responsible for making school announcements, helping with the set up and take down of chairs and equipment for assemblies, updating the school calendar in the main hallway, organizing and advertising special days and helping with some of the lunchrooms. The next big event that the Student Advisory is preparing for is a school wide talent show in early June. Watch for more information.
The Environment Club is made up of concerned students to help improve our environmental impact as a school.
- Students help by:
- making posters to put up around the school.
- writing letters to get ice cream baskets for composting.
- building fruit fly traps.
- going into classes to explain the importance of recycling, composing and refundables.
- Students organize a contest to see which class does the best job in recycling and composting, and to see which class is the most improved.
- Students work with our Caretaker to monitor if we are improving in the amount of garbage we are producing.
Technology Leadership Club
The Technology Leadership Club is made up of students who have a strong interest in technology and how we use it in our school. Students in this club are responsible for supporting the smooth use of technology at our school including helping to take care of our devices in our school, ensure they are functional and engaging in discussions and problem solving around how best we can use technology at Valley View School including our iPads, MacBooks, and ChromeBooks. Students meet in the Learning Commons every Thursday during lunch.