At Vincent Massey, we expect that students will:
- Demonstrate respect for the learning environment of others.
- Demonstrate respectful behaviour towards students, staff and visitors.
- Demonstrate a respectful attitude towards student and school equipment.
- Otherwise jeopardize their opportunity to attend our school if they break the code of conduct.
We believe strongly in ensuring the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of all students. To ensure the best learning environment for all students at Vincent Massey, the following are not permitted:
- There is to be no smoking in the school building, on school property or within site of the school (includes e-cigarettes/vaping).
- Any student in possession of, under the influence of, or associated with anyone having to do with drugs or alcohol is subject to suspension.
- Students who engage in physical violence, harassment, or bullying may be subject to suspension.
- Students who use profane language to address any person in the school may be subject to suspension.
- Students who are involved in the theft of property may be subject to suspension.
- Students who choose to deface, vandalize or destroy school property may be subject to suspension.
- Students who violate the Code of Conduct while off campus at lunch, on the school bus, during a field trip or extracurricular activity may be subject to suspension.
Should any of the above occur, school administration will work with students and families to ensure the necessary learning has taken place to reduce the likelihood of a similar incident occurring in the future.
If it is deemed necessary by the school administration, the school Resource Officer will be brought in to provide education to students who break the CBE Code of Conduct.