Vista Heights School at a Glance
- Our school celebrates the diversity of a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- We provide full day Kindergarten and we organize for learning in multi-aged classrooms.
- We offer our students a daily free breakfast program through a partnership with Breakfast Clubs of Canada.
- We offer a lunch program with free assistance from Brown Bag.
- We also participate in the Hot Soup Program sponsored by Meals on Wheels.
- We have strong ties with community supports and services for our families.
- Our character education focus connects with our work as an S4 school.
- We recognize that the virtues we highlight in a year already exist within each child.
- Our Learning Commons is a hub of learning.
- Our students participate in daily physical education and receive music instruction from a music specialist.
At Vista Heights, instruction is based on curricular objectives organized in a purposeful manner, includes rigorous tasks, infuses technology and available resources to support student learning, includes clear criteria for success, provides ongoing feedback, is based on academic goals developed by the student and teacher to move learning forward and is supported by intentional focus on mindfulness.