Attendance Line 403-777-6000 ext. 1.
It is important that you call the school if your child is going to be absent or arriving late.
If your child is ill, please keep them at home until they are well enough to participate in all school activities. If your child becomes ill during the school day, we will contact you and you will be expected to arrange for your child to be picked up as soon as possible.
Accidents & Injuries
In the event of an accident, several courses of action may be taken depending upon the seriousness of the incident.
- Scrapes and scratches, or any injury that can be treated with ice and cleaning with soap and water and a band-aid will be dealt with at the school.
- In the case of sprains, severe cuts, or contusions, home will be notified immediately to decide what actions should be taken.
- In the case of open and or heavily bleeding wounds, broken bones, unconsciousness, etc. the school will call an ambulance and parents immediately.
- Accident insurance is provided upon request and forms are sent home in September.
Allergies | Nut-Aware School
We ask parents/guardians to respect the fact that some students have serious food allergies. Please do not send any cakes, cupcakes or other treats to school for any celebration.
Parents/Guardians: Please let your child's teacher know immediately of any allergies your child has so that we may create a student health plan
Parents are asked to notify their child’s teacher of any severe allergies or medical conditions. Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form and Student Health Plan forms are kept in a central location and shared on a need to know basis.
Common medications such as Tylenol or Polysporin are not available at school. Should students require staff assistance with personal medications, a Student Health Plan must be on file. Forms must be renewed annually or when instructions change. Authorization to administer medication cannot be accepted over the phone.
Parents or guardians requesting school assistance with their child’s medical needs are required to complete the following forms.
Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
- This form is to be used when there is a student health issue requiring attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication.
Student Health Plan
This form is to be:
- completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student’s attendance at school
- completed if medication is to be taken at school
- reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student’s health concern or school registration.