Admirable Use of Technology Policy
What is an Admirable Use Policy?
An admirable use policy positively describes the ways in which we would like to see students and teachers using technology for learning.
The use of technology is an important part of learning at Vista Heights School and all other CBE schools. By using an electronic device, either school or personal property, students are agreeing to our Admirable Use of Technology Policy, as outlined below:
- Do use our network to connect to other students and adults who share your passions and with whom you can learn.
- Do use our network to join with your teachers to find experts and other teachers from around the world.
- Do use our network to publish your best work in text and multimedia for a CBE approved audience.
- Do use our network to explore your own creativity and passions, to ask questions and seek answers from online sources.
- Do use our network to collaborate with others to change the world in meaningful, positive ways.
- Do use our network in a manner that protects your own health and wellness.
- Do use our network to demonstrate your understanding of learning outcomes in creative and thoughtful ways.
- Do use our network to think critically and build information literacy skills.
- Do use our network to learn and practice digital citizenship and consider the thoughts and feelings of others.
- Do use our network in a manner that protects your privacy, safety and freedom of thought. Be responsible for protecting the rights of others as well.
- Do use our network and equipment respectfully and responsibly.
Long term goal #1
Students will understand the importance of protecting personal information while online and apply appropriate
strategies to do so.
Long term goal #2
Students will understand the importance of limiting their time online.