To foster the well-being and effectiveness of our school community and to enhance student learning.
We see our school as a vibrant, welcoming community where every child is actively engaged in learning and in developing the skills he or she will require to become a contributing member of society.
In keeping with the School Act and the School Councils Regulation, our objectives are as follows:
- To advise to the staff and principal on issues of importance such as the school philosophy, mission and vision, school discipline policies, programs and directions, and budget allocations to meet student needs,
- To stimulate meaningful involvement by all members of the school community,
- To facilitate cooperation among all the concerned participants of the school community,
- To support an approach to schooling in which decisions are made cooperatively wherever possible,
- To facilitate the development of a common vision for our school,
- To facilitate a formal performance evaluation of our School Council and to communicate the results of this evaluation to the school board and the school community,
- To promote the school in the community,
- Support the school in its efforts to focus teachers’ time and school resources on the essential tasks of teaching and learning,
- To provide advice on the maintenance and use of the facilities by the community within the CBE policy,
- To fundraise in support of the programs provided by School Council,
- To encourage and support extra-curricular activities offered in the school.
School Council Meetings are usually hosted every second Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM in the Learning Commons or online as needed.
Contact the School Council