Traffic Safety is a concern at West Dalhousie School!
The front of the school becomes extremely congested before and
after school and visibility is often difficult – please be extremely
careful of ALL our students.
Each year we remind parents, for the safety of our children, to please be courteous and
consider the following when dropping off or picking up children from school.
- Avoid double parking.
- Watch for signs indicating "No Stopping" and "No Parking" zones, especially in
front of the school as we have school buses parking in front of the school.
- School bus zones must be kept clear so children can step off the bus and
onto a curb instead of exiting into a busy street.
- Teach your children to cross at the crosswalk and not to jaywalk by setting
- Leave 5 meters between your car and any crosswalk markings. This will
ensure children are visible when they enter the crosswalk.
- Please park in designated areas only around the school.
- The staff parking lot is RESERVED for West Dalhousie Staff & CBE
personnel only – no dropping off of students as this is unsafe.
- When parking on the street, please do not block driveways and crosswalks.
- If you are dropping off your children, there is ample parking on 66th Avenue
and along Dalhousie Drive with access to the school grounds only steps away.
Should you see traffic infractions in our school zone, please call police at 403-266-1234
to report it. You may also contact our Community Liaison Officer at the District #7
Office at 403-567-6700.
Please park and drive responsibly and help make streets safe for our children.
See the map of the
designated parking areas around our school.