Last modified on
December 3, 2020
- University of King’s College Halifax, NS Writing Contest - What makes a book a classic? The University of King’s College is excited to launch the first King’s Essay Writing Contest for high school students. The contest is open to all high school students in grade 12. Students are invited to answer the following question: What makes a book a classic? Respond to this question by referring to one text of your choice (a novel, play, graphic novel, poem, etc.). The winner will receive a gift card to the King’s Co-op Bookstore valued at the price of all the books you’ll need for your first year of university at King’s, and the winning essay will be published on the King’s website. All entries shall be no more than 1000 words. To submit your application complete the submission form and send it along with your essay to Kayleigh at email@example.com The deadline is December 14. The link to the submission form is: https://ukings.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Edited-Fillable-Essay-Contest-Submission-Form.pdf.
- Semester 2: CBe-Learn Individual Online Course Requests:
- Beginning December 1, requests will be considered ONLY for students in Grade 12 who require select courses for graduation or for post-secondary entrance.
- All other student course requests begin December 7th at 9am.
- Students can enroll in a maximum of two courses.
- Students currently registered with the HUB should NOT be requesting concurrent courses through the OCSR.
- Make an appointment with your counsellor to make a request.