September 28, 2020
Cafeteria Supervision Ms. Lofting, Mr. Campbell
Library Supervision Ms. Supino
Please remember that all CBE students should have a current student ID card. Your ID card will be used to sign out textbooks,
to access Test Centre, and to confirm your identification for final exams. If
you need a student ID card, please come to the library before school, during a
spare period, or after school on Friday. There is a $5.00 charge for
replacement cards, but your first card of the school year is free.
- University of New Brunswick – Are you a high school student with questions about applying to UNB? Students can book a one-on-one virtual video or phone meeting with a UNB recruiter at https://www.unb.ca/admissions/connect-with-a-recruiter.html. Students also can attend a virtual event at https://www.unb.ca/admissions/recruitment-events/index.html.
- University of Victoria – Learn about upcoming UVic virtual events, speak with a recruiter, and get your questions answered. Visit: www.uvic.ca/undergraduate. UVic’s 2021-2022 Undergraduate Viewbook is available at https://www.uvic.ca/undergraduate/_assets/docs/uvic_undergraduate_viewbook.pdf.
- Ivey Business School – Western University – Information sessions will be available to help guide perspective students through the decision-making and admission process. The best way for students to get a sense of the Ivey HBA Program culture would be to attend one of these online events. Ivey AEO Alberta High School Information Session #1 will be online on October 7, 2020 from 8 to 9 p.m. Please register at: https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/hba/events/2020/10/ivey-aeo-alberta-information-session-1/.
- Ambrose University – Fall Open House 2020 Saturday, October 31st from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Registration is at: https://ambrose.edu/fall-2020-open-house-registration. Ask Ambrose also is available to virtually attend at https://ambrose.edu/registration-ask-ambrose . This is a weekly Zoom Q&A for those considering attending Ambrose University. Program Information Evenings also will be available as students can meet professors face-to-face, discuss career paths, and find out what makes each program unique - https://ambrose.edu/program-information-evenings.
- University of Toronto – On September 26, 2020, U of T will be hosting an online event for any student looking to learn more about the Ontario university application process. Two sessions will be offered at 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. ET or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET. To register for these sessions, please visit: https://discover.utoronto.ca/start-here. From October 17-25, 2020, U of T also will be hosting a series of open houses. More information about this can be viewed at: https://discover.utoronto.ca/fall-campus-week as well as https://apply.adm.utoronto.ca/portal/webcasts?utm_campaign=discover&utm_medium=web&utm_source=osr to participate online in webinars for prospective students.
- University of Waterloo – Waterloo Virtual Fair –
Saturday, October 3 and Waterloo Virtual Open House – Saturday, November 7
More information can be found at
- Western Canada High School can sponsor 3 candidates for the
prestigious LORAN AWARD. This award is worth up to
$100,000. If you would like to be one of Western’s candidates you must have an
application into Guidance no later than Friday, October 2nd. You
must be graduating in 2021 and have a minimum average of 85%. The Loran
Foundation is looking for young people who show strength of character, a
commitment to service in their communities, and have been challenged to fully
realize their leadership potential. Please review all of the criteria and exact
instructions on how to become a Loran Scholar at loranscholar.ca/becoming-a-scholar.
The actual application can be found at apply.loranscholar.ca . Please
do not ask for a reference until you have been chosen as a Western sponsored
- The University of British Columbia – Over the next few months, UBC will be hosting a variety of online events for students on everything from general admission requirements to particular degrees of study at UBC. For a full list of upcoming events, students can visit: you.ubc.ca/tours-info-sessions.
- Post-Secondary BC – Students interested in attendingpostsecondary institutions in British Columbia can now participate in virtual
visits, workshops, and presentations at https://www.postsecondarybc.ca/events/.
- Stanford University – Prospective students wishing to attend
Stanford University can attend a series of virtual information sessions
providing information about Stanford’s admission process and diverse student
body. These sessions will take place between September 21 and 30th,
2020. Please visit: https://admission.stanford.edu/engage/
for more information.
- University of Calgary – The University of Calgary will be
hosting a virtual open house on Saturday, October, 3, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 3
p.m. Students will be able to take a live virtual tour, visit faculty and
student service virtual exhibition, and attend online discovery sessions. More
information is available at ucalgary.ca/openhouse.
- Western University – Any students interested in attending
Western University for Fall 2021 are invited to attend some online events.
Western will be hosting frequent virtual presentations, virtual tours, and a
virtual open house. Please visit https://welcome.uwo.ca/presentations/index.html
to register for these events. Also, please note that these events are scheduled
using Eastern Time.