Links to common tools:
Strategies For Use Within the School
This is intended to raise awareness of communication strategies within the school, how to access them, and what the expectations of using these tool are.
Post to School Home Page (News Story)
The school blog is the main content delivery method for our school homepage. This is typically used to:
- post celebratory notices of accomplishment,
- Post awareness of a large scale upcoming activity
- Post access to surveys that need the attention of the school community
How to Post to the Blog
In order to post to the school blog send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Brief typed write-up of what you would like the post to say (proofed and edited for spelling and grammar).
- Attach any images to include (.jpg or .png format)
- Attach any brochures/flyers in PDF format.
You do not need to spend time formatting the text of the write-up, as it all gets stripped when i post it anyway.
I will then post the information on the blog. Turn around is usually pretty quick, but posting in advance of an event is suggested for adequate communication of details.
Post to School Calendar
The school calendar is the main tool for communicating upcoming events, times, and details to the school community. The website includes a full calendar page, as well as a notice of upcoming events on the home page.
When events are clicked in the upcoming events/calendar areas, this will give them an option to see more information. This should include at a minimum:
- Name of Event
- Start/End Time of Event
- Details of Event (Location, Directions, Instructions etc.)
Please send these details to Lisa Sampson in the main office until such a time as we have a simpler process for you to add your own details to the calendar.
Activity Booking Calendar
This is the Outlook calendar in the office for ensuring that we do not have double bookings for activities at specific locations in the school.
You may request to book the facility with both administration and facilities staff by using the Facility Request Form, or if you need to just reserve a corner of the foyer, contact the main office.
Daily Announcements are broadcast over the intercom at the beginning of Block 2 (10:35 AM). If you would like to include an announcement in the Daily Announcements please do the following:
- Announcements should be neatly written on the sheets provided no later than 8:25 AM the morning of.
- Please post for no more than a maximum of 3 days.
- Announcements should be signed off by the teacher sponsor for the club or activity, if they are not submitted byt he teacher sponsor.
- If you wish announce an event in advance and then also to remind students of the event on the day of, please do this as two separate announcements.
The daily bulletin is available on the school website in the News Centre, and is published daily with upcoming announcements.
These may be submitted to Diana Halvorson
Bulletin items should be submitted by 1:00 PM the day prior to the announcement running in the bulletin. Monday bulletin items should be submitted prior to 11:00 AM on the Friday.